Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chair Before & After

Today I am going to share a chair makeover that I completed a while ago. I found this chair sitting on the side of the road. Actually there was 4 of them, but I only snagged one (stupid). And what I mean by 'I snagged' is actually, 'I made Adam snag'. But anyways, I forgot to take a picture before I started working on it so here it is with the seat removed and partially sanded:
Please excuse the mess in the background
 It's actually supposed to have a rattan seat but the people who threw them out had already removed it and replaced it with a very poorly upholstered piece of plywood.

See the remnants of the rattan?
I don't have step by step instructions but what I basically did was sand it, then cleaned it up with a tacky cloth, primed it with gray spray paint primer, then painted it with some black semi-gloss spray paint. I then took the piece of plywood, added some foam and reupholstered it with about a half yard of fabric! Here is the after!

Not bad for a free chair! I use it as my desk chair for now and added a little orange pillow for some extra comfort, and I have to say, I love it!


Have you made anything over recently? Or maybe you have a piece that you found on the side of the road that you love too?!


No comments:

Post a Comment