Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Canopy Beds

As a little girl I was fortunate to have a fairytale-eque canopy bed that made me feel ever so special. My whole room was Minnie mouse themed and my canopy bed was made of out pink polka dot fabric. Needless to say, I loved it and I have fond memories of my childhood room that I think every little girl deserves. I've stumbled upon some images lately that brought back the memories I have of my own room that are a smidge more sophisticated than what I had going on as a kid.












Aren't these rooms stunning? I know they are meant for little girls but I would gladly have any of these rooms for myself as an adult! I don't know what it is about the canopy, maybe the feeling of security or a secret hiding spot, but even grown-ups are getting in on it! Take a look at these images of canopy beds in adult spaces that are absolutely inspiring!

via chiccoles


via saratoga


via athoughtfulplace


via chiccoles

I think most of these looks are custom made solutions but I think it is something that could be easily achieved with some store bought ready made panels and some store bought hardware.

What do you think, would you ever want a canopy bed for yourself? Or is it strictly for a child's room?

No comments:

Post a Comment