Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Tablescape

Ok, so I know I posted last week about Christmas, and now I'm posting about Thanksgiving, that's just how my mind works, it's everywhere! I thought today I would put together some items that would make a nice tablescape for your thanksgiving meal. I think that a special table really sets the tone for what a dinner party is going to be like, so why not make it pretty?!

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
I would keep things neutral with a ivory tablecloth but make things interesting by having a suzani style table runner made. I'm in love with the bamboo dinnerware because it is classic and will work for any occasion and obviously I have an obsession with gold! I didn't source the candlesticks because you can find them for about a dollar each at any thrift store. They're everywhere! I am also in love with these Marc Blackwell wine glasses but at 85 dollars each they aren't exactly affordable. I think it would be fun to DIY them with some generic wine glasses and some glass specific paint. Altogether, this tablescape could go from Thanksgiving to Christmas with a swap of candles, centerpiece, and runner which I think is great!

On a side note, yesterday during a quick stop at a local thrift store I snagged up this diamond in the rough for $9!

Can't wait to get started on it and share it with you! I think it's going to find a home in my bedroom as my night table.

What do you have planned for your Thanksgiving table? Do you have classic pieces that you use for every occasion?


No comments:

Post a Comment