Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Budget Friendly Mood Board

Yesterday I posted a mood board that was a little different compared to my usual style tastes and the budget was pretty unreasonable, at least for the most of us. So today I thought I would try to create a similar look for much more reasonable price, and here is what I came up with:
 
Here's the breakdown:

Rug: $499 (Rugs USA)
Pillows: 2 for $58 (Etsy)
Sofa: $599 (Ikea)
Side Tables: $99.92 ea. (CB2)
Lamps: $261.80 ea. (CSN)
Accent Chairs: $299.99 ea. (Target)
Sunburst Mirror: $70.95 (CSN)
Coffee Table: $469.00 (CSN)
Gold Pouf: $119.95 (Nate Berkus for HSN)

TOTAL: $3,139.32

Quite the difference in price, ya know, just about $10,000, but I think the overall look is fairly similar! I think this could be done even cheaper if some items such as the lamps were found at thrift stores and refurbished much like my lamp makeover found here. Gourd lamps like the ones above are found in abundance at thrift stores so I think that would make a big savings of at least $450 since the lamps I choose are pretty expensive!

Have you ever found something similar to an expensive item that you absolutely loved? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment