Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Painted Ceilings

I’ve been loving the look of painted ceilings lately. I think it adds a really unexpected element to a space. In my opinion, this look is most successful when the rest of the space is very neutral. Stumbling across a couple of really great examples on Pinterest, I thought I would share them with you today:

via Traditional Home

via Little Red Bird Blog

via Stella and Henry
via Little Red Bird Blog
via Spearmint Baby
via Erin Ever After
Notice how the designers of these spaces allowed the ceilings to be the showcase allowing the elements in the room tie back to the color in the ceiling such as pillows, chairs, and bedding. I think this is such a fun look and really want to have a space of my own like this! 

Another take on painted ceilings are stenciled ceilings which is also really fun. I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into doing this yourself. As much as my eyes would love the result, I feel like my neck would be paying the ultimate price!
via Sadie and Stella
Ugh, but it's so worth it, hello lover. This powder room is absolute perfection with it's dark walls and unexpected gold stenciled ceiling! I would never want to come out of there!

via Restless Oasis
Stunning, right?! Tell me you wouldn't want to fall asleep looking at this ceiling! There are many many variations of painted ceilings out there but no matter what color, or pattern I find it so fun and fresh!

Would you paint your ceiling a bold color? Would you ever tackle a time consuming stencil project?

No comments:

Post a Comment