Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Mood Board Friday?

So I am thinking about making Friday posts here on The Boston Teacup specifically dedicated to mood boards I've created. I'm not sure about this though, so don't hold me to it! Today I have a mood board I created using both high (very high) and low end products. This particular mood board is something I wouldn't typically think about putting into my own home since I tend to go for more classic looks but it is a look I am very attracted to. Tell me what you think!

 
I started this board by stumbling across the rug first and decided it would be really fun to design a whole room around it. I think a rug is a great place to start when decorating a space, as strange as that may seem to some of you, it gives you a great foundation to build up your color selections. However, not everything you put in the space has to match the rug perfectly. I choose electric blue side tables because it makes things interesting but it also coordinates with everything else without being 'matchy-matchy'.

Here are the sources for all the items above except for the drapes. Warning: not all the items on this list are budget friendly, I just think it's fun to pretend sometimes! However, I do think I could create a very similar look in a more budget friendly manner.

Rug: $1,059 (current 50% off promotion Rugs USA)
Pillow 1: $50 (Furbish)
Pillow 2: $72 (Furbish)
Sofa: $599 (Ikea)
Side Tables: 2@ $99.92 (CB2)
Butterfly Chairs: 2@ $399.00 (CB2)
Sunburst Mirror: $3,100 (1stDibs)
Table Lamps: $3,250 (1stDibs)
Coffee Table: $4,200 (1stDibs)
Gold Pouf: $119.95 (Nate Burkus for HSN)

TOTAL: $13,447.79

Woo! So, like I said, this is definitely not budget friendly but I think it's pretty to look at! I may be back later with a more budget friendly version of this, so stay tuned!

Would you ever put something like this in your own home? If not, what style do you tend to stick to?

No comments:

Post a Comment