Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting in the Groove

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I feel like the past 5 days have been a complete whirlwind of events! Between cooking, shopping, and putting up Christmas decorations, I'm not exactly sure where all the time went! Anyways, as I get back into the groove of things, I have an image to share today as a continuation of the canopy bed post from last week.
via amberinterior

I don't know what it is with this current fascination with canopy beds but I am just drawn to them. I think I love absolutely everything about this bedroom. Since it has a lot of natural light, the black walls are quite the statement but are lightened up with all the dreamy white and cream linens. I also love the layered look of the rugs with the natural weave and the bold stripe. Don't even get me started on that chaise and Hermes blanket! I want to be cuddled up on it right now playing on this:


The Amazon Kindle Fire ladies and gentlemen. My amazing Aunt gave it to me as my Birthday/Graduation gift and let me just tell you, I am obsessed with it. It is essentially the iPad but smaller. I was skeptical about the Kindle's and Nook's at first because I'm kind of a traditionalist and love books, but the convenience of this thing is fabulous! So, if you're thinking about buying one for yourself or someone this Holiday season, I highly recommend it!


On another note, I helped my Mom put up her Christmas tree and decorations this year. Her house is really traditional so this is what we went for:

A tabletop tree to save on space, and really traditional colors. Although I wouldn't want this in my own home, I really love it! Tonight I will be helping Adam put up his tree to look like this which has a completely different look from my Moms tree. I will try and snap some pictures to share!

Did you put up your Holiday decorations yet, or are you still stuffed and exhausted from all the Thanksgiving Day celebrations?

No comments:

Post a Comment